SELF TEST INSTRUCTIONS - FOUR N TWENTY
1. Please start with your chat-to-camera and include the following:
- Your full name
- Your agent
- Any advertising currently on air? Or anything ever for something competitive?
- Do you eat MEAT / are you OK with eating a meat pie on the shoot?
2. Please make sure that you upload your STILLS photo to Showcast as well. (can add in as many as you like).
PIE SELLERS ROLE - Link for Script & Audio Song here (please note - the script has the lyrics to the song for talent to learn) -
ALL OTHER ROLES - please see here for the confidential storyboards for your reference - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdkkmocls06f177/Four%20N%20Twenty%20-%20Storyboards.pdf?dl=0
AUDITION ACTION, please refer to your specific role below:
Dressed in all black.
Please do 2 x takes, first take miming to a Meatloaf song he sang at the AFL Grand Final, and second take performing/belting out a Meatloaf song as though to a crowd.
You are unaware that the crowd in front of you is covering their ears and running away from you!
**Please see as per Meatloaf's AFL Grand Final performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZdiaFXW2U8
LARGER BUILD MALE:
After your chat to camera, please film yourself standing in a wide-shot so we can see your full body. Please tell us your height and do a 360 turn so we can see from all angles.
If possible please have someone filming you from above for an additional shot with your whole body in frame, you are lying down on the ground.
BOYS & GIRLS:
1) Running around and kicking the Footy, trying to imitate Taylor Harris’ iconic kick (doesn’t have to be perfect, just want to see your efforts).
2) As though you are running through a banner on the Footy field and getting stuck in it, ie – the banner hasn’t ripped open!
Please sing/mime the song from the link above, including some of the actions in the script, such as:
- Carrying your tray of pies and handing them out
- Reacting to the ice skating accident unfold
- Taking a bit of a pie, your fake mo sticks to it
- Drop to a whisper as Benny Simmons gestures you to keep the singing down (but only for a moment)
- Trying to re-create Tayla Harris's iconic kick as you sing
- Rain falling on you as you sing the lines
- Handing out pies that fly away in zero gravity
- A greasy reaction to being interrupted with Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
And then a strong final for your final line "a Four'n Twenty Pie!
& Please also do a version of the song without the actions so you can just focus on singing/miming with passion.
if you are singing (not miming) please do another version of you singing acapella so we can hear your lovely voice. Thanks!